7. April 2012 04:07
Wonderware Information Server WIS and InBatch Reporting require WebDAV
WebDAV is not used very frequently, but some applications like the Wonderware Information Server WIS and the InBatch 9.5 Reporting website are requiring WebDAV not only to be installed but also to be enabled.
Unfortunately enabling WebDAV is not as easy as it sounds. You have to make sure that you select and highlight the right items on the right pane in the IIS Manager. This blog post will hopefully point out what to watch out for to get this simple task accomplished.
- Go to Start->Run and type: Server Manager
- Click on the Server Manager node, which is in the left pane at the top of the tree view
- Now on the right pane check that the WebDAV feature is installed in Web Server (IIS) Role
- If is not already installed, then click the Add Role Service link and pick the WebDAV Publishing Service
Figure 1: Server Manager
Figure 2: WebDAV Publishing Feature is installed
This is the tricky part, because if you don’t click the correct combination of tree node and icon, then the Enable link will not be visible.
- Go to Start->Run and type: IIS Manager
- Select Default Web Site node in the tree view which is in the right pane
- Double click on WebDAV Authoring Rules icon in the middle
- Click Enable WebDAV link in the Action Pane on the right
Figure 3: Select Default Web Site and double click on the WebDAV Authoring Rules icon in the pane in the center
Figure 4: The Enable WebDAV link should be visible on the right pane now