14. September 2010 03:50
This is a very short blog post. Besides the obvious steps of copying the BlogEngine.NET web site to an IIS 7 application root using FTP there are six more little details to consider:
Installing and configuring BlogEngine.NET on GoDaddy shared hosting
- Create a folder and make it an IIS application root. This folder will contain the BlogEngine.NET web site files.
- Give Read And Write permissions to the App_Data folder.
- Configure the IIS pipeline mode on the root directory and set it to Classic.
- Make sure that the .NET Framework version is at least 2.0.
- Configure the domain to web application root mapping in the GoDaddy hosting control panel.
- Verify that your DNS and Domain entries are correct and not on hold because of missing contact information. This could happen after a domain transfer to GoDaddy.
These steps will get your BlogEngine.NET installation working in at least 94% of all cases.